The Jets have announced their 53 man roster, with three players of the original eight that were drafted failing to make the final 53. Jordan White is the main shock exclusion, Terrance Ganaway and Robert T Griffin make up the three draftees absent from the 53 squad. Ricky Sapp, Hayden Smith, Donnie Fletcher, Paul Cornick and Royce Pollard also find themselves hoping for a place on the Jets practice squad.
I'd expect the Jets will chop and change the 53 roster as they evaluate the players released from around the other 31 NFL teams. As of now the roster looks like this:
- QB: Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy.
- Wide Reciever: Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schillens, Patrick Turner.
- Running Back: Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight.
- Full Back: John Conner.
- Tight End: Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Dedrick Epps.
- Offensive Line: d'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Austin Howard, Jason Smith, Vladimir Ducasse, caleb Schlauderaff, Dennis Landolt.
- Defensive Line: Sione Pouha, Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Mike Devito, Marcus Dixon, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison.
- Linebacker: Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Nick Bellore, Demario Davis, Josh Mauga, Bryan Thomas, Aaron Maybin,Garrett McIntyre.
- Safety: Yeremiah Bell, LaRon Landry, Eric Smith, Antonio Allen, Josh Bush.
- Corner Back: Darrell Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Ellis Lankster, Kyle Wilson, Isaiah Trufant
- Punter: T.J Conley
- Kicker: Nick Folk
- Long Snapper: Tanner Purdum